Sunday, April 26, 2009

LIVE: R.S.A.G - Roisin Dubh, 25 April

To say this was along time coming is an understatement. From the moment I first got my mits on Organics Sampler (thanks to Ferg's stellar work conveying it to Sydney), I longed to see the music performed live. Reading rave reports from early gigs was fuel to the fire and I am now happy to confirm that it was well worth the wait. 'Stick To Your Line', 'Counting Down' and 'Good Times:Don't Be A Fake' were delivered with the expected thunder and energy by the multi talented, Jeremy Hickey. The one man, drums and a projector show is really something to behold. Hickey as Rarely Seen Above Ground takes the tracks by the scruff of the neck and delivers a lo-fi, percussive drum spectacular. The simple, catchy basslines along with the distinctive tones of the Kilkenny native's vocals combine to create a very pleasing mix. The first time listeners I dragged along were all equally impressed with the results and the original band formation. R.S.A.G. has been tipped for great things and I hope he goes on to achieve further, and international, acclaim.

Who: R.S.A.G. (Rarely Seen Above Ground)

Where: Roisin Dubh, Galway

Cost: Free, delighted.

Verdict: Excellent, everyone seemed to enjoy it. Highly recommend checking out the live show before the rest of the world steals it from us.

http://www.myspace.com/rarelyseenaboveground



RSAG - Stick to your Line (Other Voices) from mrpaulmahon on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I was one of those first timers...and I was indeed well impressed!

    ReplyDelete