Tuesday, February 24, 2009

GIG GUIDE: Mogwai









Glasgow post-rock/ shoegaze/ ambient/ electronica/ slowcore/ whateveryou'rehavingyourself group Mogwai are coming to Dublin for 3 nights in March: Fri 20, Sat 21, Sun 22, all in the Academy. 3 nights seems like a lot for a band which are essentially still serving quite a niche market, but if they fill all 3 then fair play to them. Their latest album, Hawk is Howling, which was released last year, continues an impeccable record of releases in the above mentioned conglomerate of genres. One track in particular, I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead, has proven a huge hit around here, with it being played twice on the radio show and receiving a BSITWT.
I would normally definitely be attending this, but we're gonna be in Brussels to see stupid Bluey that weekend. Thanks.

Mogwai - I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment