Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Karen O plays solo in NYC


Been wondering what the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have been up to of late? It seems frontwoman Karen O has been flying solo, recording a much more subtle and tender sound under the name Native Korean Rock. She made her solo debut (and swansong it seems) in Brooklyn this past week. "I don't think there will be any more shows like this". Conclusive enough for me. "I felt really nostalgic about playing love songs in New York in the summer because it's pretty much what I did before the Yeah Yeah Yeahs," she told NME. "It's just what I felt like doing right now." She played two gigs on Monday evening last, to 100 people each, and then that was that. A mayfly-esque live career was over and done with. Here's a video from the gig



Native Korean Rock Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment