Friday, March 7, 2008

Fuck Off Oxegen


Well hippidy-hoo, here comes the Oxegen bandwagon again.

Before I start, I will at least concede that yes, they have Aphex Twin, Interpol, Seasick Steve and one or two other interesting acts. But seriously, Oxegen can really fuck off this year. Shit organisation, shit queues, shit crowd, shit mud, shit bogs, shit price, shit acts (€250 to see Fratellis? Piss off).

Don't get me wrong, I was a keen follower in my time - there is seemingly no better release for a recently leaving-certified festival debutant - but once or twice is enough, unless you like big queues, knackers, trench foot, mud fights, traffic, getting things stolen, rain, stampedes, Kaiser Chiefs and invariably making a bollox of your leg or something.

Here's a sample of possibly the most powerful argument against this atrocity:

Melt
Exit
Pukkelpop
Eurockeenes
Benicassim
Sonar


Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment