Thursday, November 19, 2009

Breakestra and the Candidates


Two delightful little additions to my musical world have stumbled by me this evening. Having looked at an old copy of The Ticket's New Music section, I popped onto the Myspace of the Candidates. They are a group of youngsters from Dublin, but beyond that I don't know much about them. However, they are providing something very rare for an emerging Irish group- a blend of funk and soul that would be much more at home in black America, and which really gets one in the mood for a dance.

As it turns out, they are supporting Breakestra, a hip hop/soul act from the US that have done work no less than Chali 2na (or charlie tuna in English) of Jurassic 5ive (five in English) in the Button Factory soon. As I listen to their latest album Dawn til Dusk, I am loving it all! Their music has all the elements, a fantastically deep, rough vocal, a jazz flute, and the classic injection of brass required. This promises to be an ass shaker!!!

The Candidates and Breakestra play the Button Factory, Sat 28th Nov

The Candidates Myspace
Breakestra Myspace
Breakestra - Need a little love (rapidshare)

No comments:

Post a Comment